Friday, November 14, 2008

Grateful Day #14

I am grateful for modern medicines. Today was Hailey's 18 month check up. She weighed in at a whopping 23.4 lbs. and 31.25 inches short. She is in the 36th percentile for both, and the 88th percentile for head circumference. Yes. She has a big head*.

*See video below.




Ok, that wasn't called for. I think she is perfectly proportionate. Hailey was also lucky enough to get her final shot before Kindergarten (aside from yearly flu shot). This feels like such a huge milestone! It will be weird not seeing all of our friends we have made at the Dr. every couple of months! I am WAY grateful for those who attend to Hailey at the Dr.

I also got my flu shot today and now I feel prepared for anything! No, really... Back to being grateful, I am grateful that I don't live in a country were medicines like that have not yet become accessible. So as much as it is a *pain* to get a shot, I am grateful for it! (Now hopefully it works!)

2 comments:

Ben said...

Head! Pants! Now!!
Hee. Hee.

Amen to the immunizations! As big a pain as it is, what a blessing!
They hate us now for it, but someday when they DON'T have small pox, they'll be grateful. (:

Rhonda said...

Friggin hilarious! Love it!

I'm also very grateful for modern medicine. Out of my 6 kiddies I got me a few that are "regulars" at the ER or Dr's office. It's a love/hate type relationship with medicine but I mostly love it. ;)