Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gardner Village - My Home Away From Home

With my favorite Aunt Betty and cousin Rachel here from Oregon, my Grandma decided to treat all the girls to lunch at Gardner Village. I have been wanting to go out there for a while since I hadn't used my gift certificate Billy got me for Christmas yet.

I found a cute metal flower wreath (since Billy knows I LOVE to decorate with metal and rust), and a cute plush Nativity that Hailey hopefully won't destroy (Forgot about last Christmas? See this link.). My mom also bought me an ADORABLE jacket made by DownEast for my birthday (that I shouldn't know about...).

Hailey was getting a little wiggly in the stores after a while, so I decided to take her over to the petting zoo to get rid of some energy. Hailey loved on the animals for a while, and then I decided since she missed out on riding a pony at the Davis County Fair, she could ride one here. She LOVED the horse!

Gardner Village is always a treat, but next Friday is the day I have been waiting for since last Labor Day weekend... SWISS DAYS!!! Let the countdown begin!



Hailey loved rug shopping the most for some odd reason...

The goats were definitely my favorite! I thought they were so cute just coming right up to everyone. I am sure Hailey's favorite was the HORSIES!

Our little cowgirl, Hailey, riding "Sparky".

5 comments:

Ben said...

What a fun day! Gardner Village is so wonderful. Oh how I love that place.
I LOVE the new photo at the top of the blog. That is the cutest picture of you guys.

Kim + Danny said...

are you still looking for a little people nativity? I found one last year at Wal Mart, but I had to buy it in early November. So if you are looking I'd check there, I'm sure they'll have one again. Gardner Village looks like fun! I'll be up in Park City area next weekend too. Maybe we'll run into eachother.

Daisie said...

How Fun! I am so sad I never made it out to Gardner Village, and we both know it is not a secret that I am SO SAD TO MISS OUT ON SWISS DAYS!! You'll have to tell me about all the cute stuff they have up there! Good idea using the pic on your blog! I didn't even think of that! Miss You Guys!

The Willeyes said...

Swiss Days...here we come :) YEAH!!!!!

Apryle Moss said...

My mom and sister try to go up to Swiss Days every year. This year we are staying overnight at the Homestead and we are excited tons of fun and lots of shopping maybe we will see you there.