Friday, August 15, 2008

Clash of the County Fairs. Lincoln County WY vs. Davis County UT

At this point I am surely losing blog viewers. Yep. Another fair. But this one was actually worth going to. I didn't get a funnel cake, but I did get a tasty snow cone.

Hailey and I rode on the carousel (a horse of course of course of course) which she LOVED and had quite the crying fit when we had to get off. It was a good thing we at least rode a fake horse, because when we got over to the pony rides, they were closing. I think Hailey needs to ask Santa for a pony for Christmas!

Hailey and I in front of the Hen House which wasn't nearly as cool as the Bunny Barn.

Poor little Hailey just wanted to ride a pony!

The lovely Redd girls + kids and Holli and Hailey.

Grandma Ballard entered her quilt (red/white in middle) in the fair and won a BLUE ribbon! Yay Grandma!

I think that is it for the fairs this year. Unless of course somebody wants to go with me to the STATE FAIR! I thoroughly enjoy seeing that cow carved out of butter.

4 comments:

Daisie said...

Looks like fun! I am glad the Davis County fair pulled thru and was better for you!! I can't wait for Santa to bring Hailey a pony!!Miss you!!

Ben said...

I love the fair posts.
Did someone say "COW MADE OF BUTTER"?!
Fetch. Yes.
Let me know if you guys still need buddies for the state fair. (:

dan and audrey said...

we, i mean annie and i ( dan isn't in for the good times) are so in on the fair thing, i look for someone to go with every year. now that i have a kid i can just drag her along til she gets old enough to want to stay home with her daddy but it would be so much more fun with another adult. let us know when and we would love to get some funnel cakes and roasted corn on the cob mmmmmmm!!!

EmmaP said...

The next Fair Queen??? Um....My vote is for Holli!