Sunday, May 11, 2008

Look at the size of that boy's heed... It's like an orange on a toothpick!

Hailey was given a bike trailer and a bike helmet for her birthday this week, so we were excited to give them a try. Mind you, Hailey is lucky if she weighs 20 lbs, and that helmet is as big as she is. So Billy hooked everything up, sat with Hailey for like 1/2 an hour to get her helmet just right. She initially didn't enjoy this too much, which isn't too surprising considering she doesn't like ANYTHING on her head (bows included), but she warmed up to it. I laughed my head off when I saw her wearing the helmet!
Happy Hailey :) Pre- bike trailer initial ride...

Then we decided to try out the bike trailer... probably not the best idea since she was already tired and ornery. We went to the elementary, around the track, up the street to Grandma's and then she had had it! She screamed all the way home! I am thinking we may need to wait a few months for her to get bigger than the bike helmet. She couldn't even hold her head up straight! Poor little thing!

Sad Hailey :( Post-ride...

2 comments:

Daisie said...

Poor Hailey!! That is pretty funny!! I am sure she will love it eventually!! And hey, I forgot we bought the girls the same sandals!! Does Hailey try to pull hers off the minute you get them on?! I have to know, the twins hate them and unvelcro them the instant we put them on! They end up riding all over Paris in their strollers bare feet, especially this grosses us out in the subway, because on occassion they will then try to suck their toes!!! Help!!!

Megan said...

Hailey probably just has a neck cramp from holding up that 40 pound helmet. She's so cute. "Heed! Bring me me pants, now!"