Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!

We got back from Vegas yesterday and we had a blast! We mainly just walked the strip, checked out different casinos, gambled a little, ate a lot, watched people, shopped, and slept in! It was nice weather there (other than the day we planned to go to the pool), and we were so glad to be out of the snow for a few days!

We are not big gamblers so we really just did the slot machines, video roulette, and video blackjack. Billy is a bigger risk taker than I am, so he was more about the big bets, thus losing faster than me. I on the other hand, am not that gutsy to make big bets, so I was doing the minimum most of the time and winning back what Billy lost. Then... I would get greedy. Needless to say, we did not come back millionaires.

Other than losing money, we had so much fun! We did a little shopping and I finally got to go to H & M!! It was great. They are so reasonable (which is hard to find in Vegas), and have such cute clothes. I did feel a little old shopping in there, but I did find some great buys! We also hit up the Forum Shops mainly for FAO Schwartz for Hailey.

It was nice to get away for a few days, but it was even better coming home to see Hailey! We missed her so much!

New York, New York

Bellagio. We stayed here on our honeymoon. This time we stayed at Excalibur.

The Paris. This is for you, Jake and Daisie!

FAO Schwartz store.

Fremont Street. I did my best gambling here at the Queens.

View from our room. Excalibur has 4 pools, but only one is open during the winter season. I wanted to go swimming!!

Billy at the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood. He is so excited for the indoor rainstorm to begin...

Billy striking a pose in front of the Bellagio water show.

Me wishing my flower garden was this pretty - Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.



P.S. Billy said "Holli, why don't you and the neighborhood girls go on a girl's trip to Vegas? You could all go see Thunder From Down Under." Billy, that is one of the smartest things you have said in a long time (plus I think he is trying to find an excuse to go on a guys trip to Vegas). So girlies, let's plan it!

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

So glad you had fun...and ABSOLUTELY we should plan a Vegas trip! Get on it :)

EmmaP said...

awesome. you should have seen hailey @ church with your parents. too cute.

yes a girly trip to vegas... a little cirque... lots of food...

Daisie said...

How Fun!! I was planning on calling you today to get all the fun details! So glad you guys got the weekend away!!! Thanks for the shot of the Eiffel! Miss You!