Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Changes, Changes, Changes

So the "No Binky In '09 Campaign is going great! Actually a ton better than I would have EVER expected! Last night she didn't shed one tear when I put her to bed. She didn't even ask for her binky. She has asked for it a couple times today, but all in all it hasn't been very dramatic. Other than still not taking naps, I think we have crossed the hurdle and it is smooth sailing from now on... or at least I can hope.

So on top of the binky situation, Hailey decided to learn how to straddle the railing on her crib. After one tumble to the ground, we decided it was time to convert her crib into a big girl bed. I was a little worried about how she would do last night and if she would just stay up all night partying because of her newfound freedom. It may have just been the exhaustion from no nap, but she slept through the night and didn't get out once to play with her toys. What a big girl!!

So here is the replay of this week's events so far:

Monday: Get rid of binky - check.

Tuesday: Convert crib into big girl bed- check.

And it is only Wednesday. What other changes will happen this week?! Maybe she will decide she is for sure ready for potty training! Or dating, or college, or a career. Wowzers. Mama ain't ready for any more changes this week!

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

Wow! I can't believe how big she is getting:) Yay for you on smooth sailing this week :)

Daisie said...

Wow! Holli! This has been a huge week for you guys!! I am so glad that you are doing all of this first so I can get all the pointers from you! I am so so glad it is going well! I don't think I can ever take the binky away if they don't take a nap! That is the only way I survive!!!! Love ya!!

The Mama said...

I'm so glad that Hailey has been doing good with the big girl bed. Is she still napping okay with it? I'd like to switch Emmi's by her birthday, but I am worried that she won't stay on it for naps.