The Binky Fairy paid us a visit this morning. She took every last binky from our house, but was nice enough to leave Hailey some sweet presents. Wish me luck... it is going to be a llllllllllloooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg day.
Haha, good luck! I was totally a binki obsessed baby. I had to have one in each hand and one in my mouth at all times. How did my mom stop the madness? When my younger sister was born 19 months after me she told me I had to give up my binkis for her. The sad part - I actually did it, no questions asked! Let's just hope Hailey is as cooperative.
keenan cried every night, all night for the first 10 nights. he would cry. i would hold him. i would cry. then he'd say in between gasps, "pu-wease! wets go to da stow and buy mo' binkies! pu-wease!" poor thing. I felt like I was tortuing him... stay strong, holli, stay strong. oh - and you may want to get some ear plugs! ;)
well atleast its a binki and not a thumb or finger! we have already taken Annie's away during the day and she only gets it inside the crib and carseat it has been that way since 9 months and she did fine, she hardly ever needs it anymore... so I guess I'm a fan of slowly easing it away rather then cold turkey. but I hope all goes well and bribes are ok right!? well I think so!
Billy and I have been married since 2002. Billy plays with bikes all day while I play House. We have a ferocious little doggy named Officer Sniffy, a busy ball of fire named Hailey Jane, and a smiley little dude named Will. We are so happy!
7 comments:
I will pray for you.
Haha, good luck! I was totally a binki obsessed baby. I had to have one in each hand and one in my mouth at all times. How did my mom stop the madness? When my younger sister was born 19 months after me she told me I had to give up my binkis for her. The sad part - I actually did it, no questions asked! Let's just hope Hailey is as cooperative.
Good Luck! Aiden totally just spit his out at like 9 months old so I have no tips but if anyone can do it smoothly you can!
Oh Holli...I will pray for you too.
keenan cried every night, all night for the first 10 nights. he would cry. i would hold him. i would cry. then he'd say in between gasps, "pu-wease! wets go to da stow and buy mo' binkies! pu-wease!" poor thing. I felt like I was tortuing him... stay strong, holli, stay strong. oh - and you may want to get some ear plugs! ;)
I don't have any advice--sorry, but hope it isn't going to be as bad as you think :) Good Luck!
well atleast its a binki and not a thumb or finger! we have already taken Annie's away during the day and she only gets it inside the crib and carseat it has been that way since 9 months and she did fine, she hardly ever needs it anymore... so I guess I'm a fan of slowly easing it away rather then cold turkey. but I hope all goes well and bribes are ok right!? well I think so!
Post a Comment