So first off, I will give a little update on Hailey's progress with the "No Binky in '09 - Campaign". Yesterday actually went better than I had imagined. I put her down for a nap, and she never fell asleep. You could tell by early evening the lack of sleep was catching up on her because she got pretty ornery. At bedtime she had a total meltdown. She wanted to be rocked, and then she wanted her bed. Then she would cry forever in her bed and want to be rocked. I was more than happy to oblige. When I wasn't holding her, I spent laying on her floor wathing her roll around in agony. It is like her binky was made out of cocaine and she was going through withdrawls! I admit, I
almost gave in and pulled out a binky because I felt so bad. She finally calmed down and I left her room. We never heard a peep come from her room the rest of the night.
Today she has been great too! She hasn't been asking for her binky as much. I just put her down for a nap, and that isn't looking too good. I am starting to wonder if having a binky-free kid is worth giving up her afternoon naps... advice would be helpful!!
To keep Hailey occupied yesterday, we took advantage of the windy weather we were having and went kite flying. I havn't flown a kite since I was a little kid! We had a lot of fun!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
4 comments:
Oh you poor thing... the binky drama is terrible!! Although Mackenzie's only lasted a week and she forgot about it. We cut a hole in hers and she wouldnt take it anymore because she knew it was "broken" Just don't cave in, she just needs to find a way to sooth herself, for Mackenzie she had her blanket, and I don't care if she has that till she is married :) I do feel for you, that is one of the hardest things to see your baby go through, I have told Jason that I am taking the binky away from #2 before she is 1... we'll see if I really follow that. Good luck! And she will take naps again, just takes time, I thought the same thing!
kienna was really good with her cocaine... er i mean binky withdrawls. I just had to have more activities to wear her out right after lunch. after "playtime" we took her "babies" to bed because they were tired and needed naps. I remember several afternoons of me lying on her floor, while she in her bed and the both of us singing to her babies. Soon, it was just her and the dolls. you'll figure it out... good luck!
I would just say give it a few more times (naps). I have had to break Aiden of a few toys that are to big for bed time and by the 2nd try we are good to go! Oh and did I tell you that he is finally in his big bed!! The crib is now in the nursery so theres no turning back now.
Ok let me know how it goes! I'm still struggling with the binkie at my house. I keep telling her there are babies who don't have binkies and need hers and she's not buying it. I may have to follow in your footsteps and take control. It's hard though when Grammy and Bapa tell me to leave her alone. Seeing as that I was 4 when I was forced by my mean aunt to give it up. I seriously hated her for years for that! I may have to make an appointment with the therapist...ugh!
Post a Comment