Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The End of an Era


Let me tell you a tale of a tree. An apricot tree to be exact. This tree has been alive longer than I have. I played in it's shade as a child. My child has played in it's shade... until today. We cut down the apricot tree. Don't be sad for us, for we will never have to worry about picking up another rotten apricot from the ground. We will not have to give daily baths to Sniffy because he is covered in orange apricot goo. We will not have our annual tree branch cutting party. I will miss the blossoms and singing "Popcorn Popping", sitting in the shade, and uh that's about it. According to the "rents", we will be getting a new shade tree next spring. Farewell dear apricot tree!


In other sad news, while I was taking pictures of this memorable event, I accidentally dropped the camera and it smashed to smithereens. I guess I know what I am getting for my birthday...

So, as far as blogging, I may have to draw and scan you pictures of the goings-on. You know I can't go without blogging! Stay tuned for some VERY interesting blogs...

6 comments:

Daisie said...

What a fun tale, Holl!! I know what a pain it has been for you guys!! It was so much fun chatting with you today! Love ya!

EmmaP said...

i hate our apricot tree.......the orange goo, picking up rotten apricots. i guess if i were the perfect mo-mom (mormon mom) i would have sprayed the tree and then picked the apricots and made jam and pie and canned 'em and what not. oh well...can't do it all, eh? cant wait to see the future drawings...

Ben said...

Awww, I am sorry the tree is gone. It's always a weird change when something like that is suddenly gone. Your backyard must look naked. (:
I am REALLY excited for you and your goo-less dog, though! I am excited to see what goes in next year!! I am hoping to plant one in the spring too. I want to do a weeping willow. Woo-Hoo!
Just so ya know, if you need a camera in the next few weeks, you're always welcome to ours...

Kristi Judd said...

Thats such a bummer you broke your camera. I can't really related w/ the tree since i get NO shade from any of mine. I think I am taller then most of them! Maybe you'll get a even bigger better tree!!

The Willeyes said...

I hear you on picking up rotten fruit...do that with our peach tree. Bummer about your camera, but I can't wait to see the drawings. Who knows...you may never go back to your camera:)

Liz said...

horray for the apricot tree, you are finally free. let's hit up park city next week, we'll be back in town on Sunday.