Saturday, September 20, 2008

LIfe is a Highway, I Want to Ride it All Night Long

I was super ambitious this morning, so I talked Billy into riding the new Legacy Parkway trail with me. It was a tad bit windy when we left, but that didn't dampen my spirits. We parked at the 5th south trail head and decided to bike north to Farmington where the trail ends. Here is me biking along as fast as I can. We hit Parrish Lane in Centerville and Billy is like, "are you sure you want to go all the way to Farmington? You know we are going to be riding against the wind on the way back." I'm like, "come on wimpy." So off to Farmington we go. I'm still cruising along enjoying the ride. We hit Farmington, sit for a minute and then turn around to head home. As soon as we turned our bikes to head south I knew I was a flippin idiot. 16.4 miles and 2 hours later... we make it back. My entire lower extremity is numb and I have dirt caked on my face. Billy is like, "I told you so." To make me feel better, he bought me a double cheeseburger with fries at this place. Next time I think I will skip the biking and just go for the cheeseburger!

Holli with her game face on. Super confident biker woman!

Parrish Lane trail head scenery. Educational too!

As you can see, at this point someone wasn't too happy with me. Me, not quite as happy as the first picture, but still enjoying the ride.

Billy has a cute biker bum :) I told him I was going to blog about it...

Shoot me now! Who's genius idea was this anyway?!

4 comments:

Ben said...

I am proud of your ambition! I wish I was more like you. Actually, I have really wanted to try biking that trail for a while - so if you would ever want to go again with someone SUPER wimpy, give me a call (:

EmmaP said...

Wow! I am impressed. Good for you! and I just happen to see a billboard for the 5 guys & fries and was wondering if it was any good. Now i know...thanks. I think I'll skip the bike ride and just go for the burger too!

The Willeyes said...

Wow, you are impressive...your just getting addicted:) I wondered about the 5 guys...we should all go, where are they? Anyway, good for you, you are an exercising fool:)

Holli and Billy said...

5 Guys was so GOOD! There is one is Sandy and Fort Union and soon in Sugar House. I am up to going there anytime!