Sunday, September 7, 2008

Butter Cows, Fried PB&J, and Roasted Weenies

Needing a good confidence boost, I talked Billy into going to the State Fair with me. This year's theme was "out of the ordinary". Quite. Sure there was the usual carnies, sheep, goats, regular cows, dairy cows, beef cows, AND butter cows, but this year they had DEEP FRIED PB&J. That was the entire reason I wanted to go (other than the confidence booster thing...). After waiting in line for-EVER, I finally got one. Fried, on a stick, powder sugar sprinkled and chocolate drizzled yumminess. It was good. Maybe not worth the 5 bucks I spent on it. I had Billy PROMISE to remind me next year that I DO NOT need to go to the state fair. I found the Davis County Fair did the same thing for me, but it was free. Minus Fried PB&J.

The Butter Cow exhibit. Wait. I guess it is Butter Animal exhibit. Butter cow sounds better.

Hailey being a sheep.

Is that... yep. It IS a Fried PB&J!

On another note, we met up with some of our chums at Meuller Park for an old fashioned weenie roast. Hailey managed to get a pretty good gash in her head, but she is ok. She was crying and she kept saying "moofie, moofie (movie)". Not "mama" but "moofie". Is that a bad sign she is more easily consolled by a movie than me?! Hmm... anyways, the highlight of the night was the scooter races. I think the pictures say more than I could...

Hailey's head after it was cleaned up. Poor little thing!

Looks a little mischevious...

The man, the myth, the legend... Dustin Webb.

Billy vs. Dustin. Billy got SMOKED. We blame it on Dustin weighing more though...

Rick vs. Mark. Rick won. Again, the weight thing.

Hailey is finally happy riding the scooter. She may not be getting a scooter for Christmas, but she may get one of these...

5 comments:

EmmaP said...

Wow! Fried PB&J??? Sounds like heaven -- or hell...not sure which. I wish I could eat all that greasy food. I guess I have officially reached "middle age", haha.

And the whole "Moofie" thing is hilarious. Take it as a good sign she is well adjusted. This could mean when she is older she will be able to comfort herself rather than run to you over every little thing...

The scooter race pics were awesome. I'd like to see that become an Olympic sport.

Apryle Moss said...

We are going to the fair tonight and we try and go every year on the monday night that they do the all you can eat ice cream and I really wanted to try one of those fried pb&j was it good. I was planning on trying one so I will see if I am still hungry after I stuff myself with ice cream. Anyway I will have to try the davis county fair next year since it is free. I prefer free over lots of money.

The Willeyes said...

I think you should organize a ward scooter race...sounds like fun...you could have winners/losers brackets and everything :)

Daisie said...

Looks like some fun events!! I love the little mountain bike!! You better take advantage of your connections!! Love ya!

Kristi Judd said...

Oh that is so sad about her little head. Cat was telling me the other day. So I told her we can get together any but tues. and thurs. cause i was a little girl those days. So maybe Saturday?!