Friday, April 11, 2008

Popcorn and Freshly Mowed Grass

Today I got the itch to be outside and mow our lawn. I usually leave that up to Billy, but since I am home all day now, I figure I can spend an hour and do it myself. I actually enjoy mowing the lawn, so it isn't a big deal to me.
Later, we spent a little bit of the afternoon hanging out in the backyard admiring my fine workmanship. I had time to lay under the apricot tree and dream of a summer free from picking up mushed apricots all over the ground. I cringe whenever I hear those little primary kids singing "Popcorn Popping" just because I know it is that season and soon my dog will be orange and not tan. So I have decided that this year I am going to advertise right now that if you want free apricots, feel free to come to my house and pick as many as you want. I have had enough apricots for one lifetime.


The End.

2 comments:

The Mama said...

Good for you, to mow the lawn! You know if I did that, Chad would make it my job from here on out. So long or not, I will not be mowing anytime this year!!

Megan said...

I love mowing lawns. And sorry about the apricot mush on the lawn, that sucks.