Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was a GREAT day! Here is a recap of the day's events:

Hailey and I went to the park where we had a play date with some of the girlies and their kiddos from the ward. We haven't taken Hailey to the park ever (??????) so it was fun to see her play on the playground and on the swings. Hailey has a new best friend. Her name is Whitney. Whitney was nice enough to take Hailey down the slide for the first time. Hailey absolutely LOVED the swings. She was laughing her head off!
(Hailey and her friend Whitney after coming down the slide.)

(Hailey and Jane Jane swinging away.)

(Cutie-pie Hailey pants swinging.)

After Hailey's nap, we went and visited my friend Liz and her new baby Paige and Hailey's boyfriend Ethan. Paige was so cute! It was weird to hold a newborn again!

After we had dinner, I went visiting teaching to a cute new girl in our ward. It will be way fun to get to know her.

After I got home, the Hoeksel fam made the journey up to Layton to visit Uncle Ben, Aunt Stacy and Cousin Max. Billy and Ben had a hot date planned with each other to play some video games, and they were more than willing to kick me and Stacy and the kids out so they wouldn't be interrupted. That was ok though, because Stacy and I took the kids on a trip to Hobby Lobby where we did some good craft shopping.

(Hailey and Max LOVE craft shopping!)
(I love this picture. We didn't even pose them. They are best buddies!)

Lastly, the BEST news of the night.... AMANDA OVERMEYER GOT KICKED OFF AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!! Hallelujah! It is about freaking time. I don't know why she got past Hollywood week anyway. I was about ready to put Q-Tips in my ears and jab my eardrums out. All in all, it was a great day!

The End.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I was SOOOOOO excited to see Amanda kicked off too!! Scared me a little to see Carly in the bottom three... but my boys are still on there! David Cook for the win!!! So when is this bikeathon? Have a link anywhere so that I can see this deadline, cause tonight I'm fixing my tires(poor bike hasn't seen the light of day in a couple years) and making sure that everything else is up to par. I have a bike trailer that I bought last fall on the intent of hauling Mackenzie around in it. Daytime riding works the best for me. Sometimes I watch my nephew and its a double trailer so it works out great if I need to take him (doubles as a stroller too, thats all the use it has been so far). So maybe we can go tomorrow... I don't believe I have any plans, and this is totally going to kick my out-of-shape butt.

Amy said...

Did I say nephew? I meant cousin... he's a year older than mackenzie so I always call him my nephew. Not on purpose :)

Daisie said...

Wow! Talk about the funnest day ever! Loved all the pics!! I can't wait for it to warm up here to take the chicks swinging at a park too!! We will forsure have to have a fun play date to the park when we get back!! Glad your having fun! Miss ya!

Liz said...

Thanks so much for coming to visit. We love to have visitors! And congrats again to the little walker, I still can't get over that Hailey is walking!