Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day - Star Valley Style

*WARNING* Picture overload!! I took a million pictures this weekend, but here are just a few showing some of the activities we did.

We went to the Afton city parade... Hailey loved it even though the firetrucks were loud.

Grandpa helped Hailey catch candy. She wasn't too interested in the parade after she figured out there was candy involved. Grandpa did all the work, Hailey got all the goods.

Seen at the parade... my new dream car... a pink Jeep. I LOVE it!!

Grandpa put Hailey to work fertilizing the barnyard. Start 'em young! He also somehow got Billy to help change sprinkler pipe in the field. Billy is officially a farmer!! Billy mentioned he wants to get a "western" hat to wear when we are in Wyoming. Nice...

We always have to have a bonfire to roast weenies and mallows when we visit...although this wasn't much of a fire. After trying numerous things, my dad eventually pulled out the bucket of gasoline... and yes, he still has his eyebrows.

We bought Hailey a box of snaps to play with, since she probably isn't old enough to play with real fireworks yet... P.S. Notice Sniffy in the picture. We decided not to chain him up to see what he would do, and he did great! He stayed by us whenever we were outside! I guess those obedience classes weren't a total waste!!

Hailey wasn't too sure of the sparklers at first... Billy: "See Hailey, it is fun to play with fire!"

Sparkler in one hand, cookie in the other... that is one happy little girl!!

Billy doing his best Harry Potter impression. I also want to point out that on these fireworks it reads, "Do NOT hold in hand".

But it looked so fun that I had to do it too! Uh, what does that say about me??

Today (Sunday), my dad, Billy, Sniffy, and I went for a hike to Dry/Slide Lake. Remember this picture from last year??

Look at it this year... it has water in it!! It was cool thinking that last year I had walked around in the lake bed.
We hope everyone had a great Independence Day!!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

You guys looked like you had a great time at Star Valley. You should tell Billy that a 2 yr old shouldn't have fun playing with fire.

Ben said...

I am so glad you guys had such a great holiday. I love that photo of Hailey and your dad on the porch. So sweet! Grandpas are the best.
You should totally frame the one of you and Billy with the Harry Potter fireworks. That is awesome.

jennie said...

That looked like great fun...though I am profoundly glad no trip to the emergency room & burn unit were involved. There will be no bottle rockets at Grandma JenJen's.

EmmaP said...

um...didn't you know that the #1 accidents on Indpendence Day is from people lighting fireworks while they are IN.THEIR.HAND?????

i LOVE all the pics! hailey looks like she had a lot of fun. And fertilizing didn't look too hard; not any harder than pushing her baby stroller around, right?

dan and audrey said...

so fun! wish we had somewhere fun like that for a quick get away! roman candles are fun to shoot! our dogs chase them down the road... we hold 'em too.

Ben said...

That lake was cool. We should come up with you guys again. That was fun last time.

Ben