Friday, August 28, 2009

Flashback Friday...

This was the FIRST time I (casually) tried potty training Hailey. That was January. It is August. Yesterday was the longest day of my life. Last night I wrestled with the idea of putting Hailey back in diapers, which ALL the books I have read instructed against, or just toughing this out. When I woke up this morning, my spirits were still pretty low. I took Hailey's pull-up off and asked her to go sit on the potty, and she proceeded to have a meltdown in the hallway. There was no coercing her into the bathroom. Not even m&m's worked!! So we are done. For now at least. She is back in diapers and will be until she is ready (me too). As long as she is potty trained before she starts dating...

6 comments:

Angela said...

If you ask any mom they will say potty training is one of the hardest things to do. When Lilly started she liked it until after I made her go every half hour or so. The 1st week or so is the hardest. I just told her she can't do other things until she goes potty. And I would make her sit on the potty until she went.And like Hailey she had a lot of melt downs. Try it again in a couple of months. There is no rush.

The Mama said...

I think it is a good idea to give it a few weeks or months. I pushed early with both of my boys. Then I waited a few months and they wanted to go in the potty and it was sooo much easier then. They got it in like 2 days!

Liz said...

good luck holli, it'll come. but on a happier note, i love the pics of the ward campout, i wish our ward would do something like that.

jennie said...

No worries. When she is ready and willing it will happen within days. She is still young for it even if she is a smarty.

Daisie said...

Good job for giving it a try Holl! I have struggled wondering if the girls are truly ready yet or not too?! Or me for that matter!! Hopefully it will work out better next try!! Have a fun weekend!!

EmmaP said...

each child is different. and my daughter was actually harder than my boys... so in time...