Day 1: Destination - Forest Grove, Oregon
Hailey did great (thank you to the Nichols who SAVED us by letting us borrow their DVD player!) on the long car ride. She did have one little meltdown right before we made it to Portland. She was happy again after I let her pick something out at the gas station we stopped at. Best $5 I spent on the trip!
Stopping for breakfast in Idaho Falls. Still happy at this point.
We needed a break to stretch our legs. This is about the point when she started freaking out. We stopped at The Dalles where it was at least a million degrees outside. Notice how happy she looks... yeah, not very. Don't feel too bad, remember, she got a $5 toy that made her feel better!After a wrong turn in Portland and a nice drive by Portland State University, we finally made it to Aunt Betty/Uncle Steve/Cousin Rachel's house where we would be staying the majority of the trip.
Day 2/3: We did a little bit of shopping at Ikea and some other random stores for crocheting supplies so Betty could teach me how to crochet. Need a dishtowel?? I can do it!!
They had a bubble machine going at an outdoor mall where we went shopping.Day 4: Went to church and rested the remainder of the day. We went down to the Shearer family park and played for a while which Hailey LOVED.


Hailey and Sophie. I really wanted to bring Sophie home with me. She was the nicest dog and Hailey loved her!! I wish I would have got pictures of Hailey playing with Betty's cats, Belle and Bullet... the cats didn't tolerate Hailey as much as Sophie did!Day 5: Betty took us to the Nike employee store! This is always one of my favorite things to do when I am in Oregon because I always find a ton of great deals (plus no sales tax)! As we were driving out of the Nike parking lot, Alberto Salazar walked in front of my car. Don't know who he is?? Neither did I.
Day 6: Road-trip to Tillamook!!
I am sure you always wondered how your cheese was made...
Hailey didn't like the tour as much as I did, but she did like the cows.
And we both liked the ice-cream the best!
Day 7: Destination - Lincoln City, Oregon!! We left Forest Grove in the morning and drove to Lincoln City to spend a few days at the beach. After we checked into our hotel, we decided to walk down to the beach and then go get some lunch because our room was not ready yet. Hailey has never been to the beach, so I was really excited to see her reaction. She did not love it at first. She didn't like getting sand on her feet and she wasn't too sure about the water.
These are the stairs we had to walk down from our hotel (the building on the left) to get to the beach.
Hailey's first dip into the ocean. Not very excited!!
We missed Daddy at the beach!!After lunch our room was ready so we went back and put our swimming suits on (yes it was that warm). Hailey warmed up to the beach this time, and her and Grandpa had a blast building/destroying sandcastles while I roamed the beach for seashells.

She liked the sand enough for Grandpa to bury her legs!Day 8: We did a little shopping and then met up with Catherine and Aunt Renee for lunch at Mo's. I have never been to Mo's before, but I have heard a LOT about it from Billy's family (mainly Grandpa Bill). It was DELICIOUS!!
LOVE this picture!!

After filling up on yummy seafood, we decided to hit the outlet mall where I got quite a few good deals (yay for no sales tax!!). And no, those Coach bags aren't both mine (just one... THANK YOU Aunt Renee!!!!)

Hailey was ready for a nap at that point so we went back to the hotel and rested. We woke up, went back down to the beach (not in swimming suits this time because it was cooler outside) and then returned back to Mo's for dinner. Yes, it was that good.
After dinner, Hailey and I drove over to Catherine and Renee's hotel for some swimming in the pool.
Day 9: Back to Forest Grove via Tillamook. I think my dad was sad he missed out on the first Tillamook trip, so we drove back that way so he could get his fill of yummy ice cream and squeaky cheese. I highly recommend the Mountain Huckleberry :)
We got back to Betty/Steve/Rachel's house and then Uncle Steve was super nice and took us down to the fire station to show Hailey a fire engine.
Uncle Steve driving the fire engine. 
Day 10: Destination - Woods Cross, Utah. Hailey was an ANGEL on the ride home. No whining, no crying, nothing. Guess we'll have to make another road-trip to Oregon soon (I am trying to talk Billy into moving there...)!


8 comments:
Hey you can't move that far away! I only get to Oregon like once a year! But I am glad you took so many pictures, they are super cute. I look like a tubbo but that's ok. Love the one of you and Hailey in the ocean. Brave women!
looks like tons of fun! did you make that drive all by yourself? well with Hailey but no other grownups? thats craazy!
hey there is a little man made lake by my house, you guys should come play sometime!
Wade's Dad lives in Salem and every time we've been there, he takes us to Lincoln City. We may have to make another trip soon based on these fun pictures! :)
i missed the pic of the $5 toy... that was a highlight for me! glad she did well...looks like fun!
What a fun trip! The photo with Hailey pushing the stroller full of coach bags needs to be blown up and hanging on a wall! I love that!
I am glad you had fun - but I am glad you are back!
Holl, I absolutely adored the travel log and hearing all the details! I am so glad you guys got to go, it looks like so much fun! And i am so proud of Hailey for being such a great road-tripper! Kansas...Here You Come!!
I can't wait to post my pictures...and you're right, it is the best ice cream. We need to move there...or at least coordinate next year so we aren't in the same places a week apart :)
P.S. What did you get from Coach, and why did I go there? :)
Post a Comment