Friday, June 26, 2009

Flashback Friday...

Remember these beautiful specks??


Hailey pulled out a drawer on my nightstand yesterday, and when I was putting the drawer back in, I found these glasses stuck in the very back. I haven't seen them in over a decade!! Hailey has been enjoying them ever since. She just said, "Look at me! I'm a pirate!" So, uh, why didn't anyone tell me those glasses apparently make you look pirate-ish...

8 comments:

Chareth Cutestory, Maritime Lawyer said...

"look at me, I'm a pirate" made me laugh out loud.
Maybe a pirate in the 90s...
I must say, I like your current look a little more - but I totally had that same shirt in Jr. High. I'm pretty sure I bought it in the boys section.
We should have been friends earlier in life. (:
Have I told you lately that I love Flashback Fridays? Because I love Flashback Fridays.

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's adorable. Just the beginning of your daughter telling you what not to wear like we all did to our moms:)

Steph said...

Pirate huh? Well, I will raise you the pirate glasses for my awesome bangs I was sporting...Uh...

Daisie said...

That is so funny Holl! I am just getting caught up on your blog so I have to comment on the cute pics you got at Liberty Park! That was so much fun! Wish we were there to go more often with you! But so glad for the fun we had! Miss You Guys Lots Already!!!!!

Cat said...

I love that picture! I think that the pirate glasses are now a classic moment in Hoeksel history!

dan and audrey said...

she is so stinkin' cute! those glasses where totally cool back then, my sister had some just like it. thanks for the fun day at the zoo. we had lots of fun, and sorry about the mix up!.

EmmaP said...

i have those glasses... except mine are PINK PLASTIC frames. and on my FB page i totally dissed on my own pic, and my friend back home said, "apparently your cheeks were near-sighted too" hahaha! and they look so HUGE on her! Arrgghhh...

Julie said...

How adorable! Just remember those were so cool back in the day!