
My recipe exchange group is tomorrow, and I decided to make "Million-Dollar Fudge" to take.
Million-Dollar Fudge
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 12 oz. pkgs. chocolate chips
1 pint marshmallow cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Nuts (opt.)
Combine milk, sugar, and butter in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and pour over remaining ingredients. Stir well. If desired, stir in nuts.
My favorite part of making fudge is "cleaning" the leftover marshmallow cream out of the jar. I made the fudge, cleaned up, gathered my 2 jars to scrape clean, and went in to the living room to enjoy from the comfort of Billy's recliner today's "Good Things Utah" that I had DVR'd . Where was Billy you ask? In bed asleep. Or so I thought...
Here comes Billy around the corner, at which point my plastic spatula covered with marshmallow cream scrapings is about to enter my mouth. He gives me "the look". No. Not "that look". I say: "I know how this looks..." He says: "You might as well have been kissing another guy with that guilty look on your face!"
Needless to say, I kept scraping, and Billy went back to bed. And we were both happy. That is how I spent my evening folks, and it was pure bliss!


7 comments:
Sounds like a great evening to me:) Can't wait to taste that fudge!
So funny! I can just see the looks on both of your faces...
I'm going to try to make that fudge - it looks like a really good recipe!
I'm on my way to buy some jet-puffed marshmallow sauce right now. . . I need some fudge.
Holl! That is awesome! I too am a marshmallow cream lover!! I love Billy's comment! That is hilarious!
mmmmm....yummy!!
Oh my gosh! I think you just gave my Wade's sister's secret fudge recipe that she makes and has not even let me glance at the recipe! You rock Holli! Heeheehee
hahaha!! I love it!! The fudge sounds awesome too! I may have to give it a try! :D
Post a Comment