We had our family reunion up in Star Valley this weekend, and it was definitely a welcome relief getting away from this sweltering heat. It was a balmy 80ish degrees during the day, and 50ish degrees at night. I bet you're jealous!My parents bought my Grandma's farm a couple years ago, so it is very convenient to stay up there whenever because we get FREE lodging!
We got up there Friday evening and just hung out. Saturday was the reunion, and it was fun to see relatives I hadn't seen in a while. The reunion was planned around my Grandma's 93rd birthday, and all 7 kids gave a tribute to her. They had a silent auction for donated gift baskets, a potluck lunch, activities for the little kids, and family trivia. It was such an enjoyable day! After the reunion, we did a little shoe shopping at my uncle Bob's store where we got some SWEET deals! We went back to my parent's house and had a bonfire and my dad lit off fireworks. Hailey was definitely not a fan of the fireworks!
Sunday we decided to skip out on church and go up to Cottonwood Lake. It was fun to see the 3 girlies play in the lake! Hailey loved to splash, and she wasn't bothered by the frigid temperatures at all! After we rode back down, we decided to pull out my dad's 22 rifle before we started back to Utah. Billy challenged me to a duel, so Billy and I each drew up our own target and we each had 14 shells to shoot. I am posting pictures of the final result. Billy's drawing is the beer bottle, mine is the person's head. Billy hit his target 7 times, I hit mine 9. Who is better?!
It was a great weekend with family, and I am so glad I got to spend it with Daisie and the twinners before they head back to the KC! Until next year! Hoeksel, out.


4 comments:
Way Fun Weekend! Thanks for all the fun!! I am very impressed with your skills!!! Can't wait to be hanging out again soon!
I love to read your blogs Holli, I wish I was as interesting to read as you are! It was fun to see you guys too. Now I am wishing that I would've got a picture of our girls together. Oh well, maybe next year?!
How fun. Remind me not to piss you off Annie:)
Sounds like you guys had a great time! The girls seem to get bigger every time I see pictures of them. So glad you put Billy (and all boys who think they're automatically better with guns) in his place!
Post a Comment