Friday, May 29, 2009

Flashback Friday...

Apparently it is Friday again... I haven't done much blogging lately, but I have lots of pictures to post. But first we will take care of the lovely Friday post.

I have been looking for all of my mom's old photo albums for a while and I finally found where they were hidden! She has been "organizing" their house, and now I don't know where anything is (I am sure that is the point)! So now we will get some really awesome Flashback Friday posts!

I found a ton of pictures taken on Christmas in years past. Yes, I know. It is almost June. These were 2 of my more memorable Christmases...

The year I got my Barbie swimming pool. That thing was AWESOME! If you can't tell, I was all about the Barbies! My uncle built me a Barbie house complete with sweet shag carpet. What is my favorite thing about the whole Barbie ensemble?? Ken sitting on a wicker loveseat, wearing a plaid leisure suit and brown cowboy boots. Now that is fashion! P.S. You better believe my mom kept all of that stuff for my kids to play with! Hailey hit the JACKPOT!

And... the year of the banana seat bike! I L.O.V.E.D. that bike! I remember "pumping" my friends around the neighborhood (pumping = them sitting on seat behind me). If I could find a bike just like that one, I would buy it in a heartbeat (minus the training wheels)! Oh, and what is up with the orange socks??

5 comments:

French Family said...

Hello! You were so cute! Have you introduced any of your old toys to Haily yet?

dan and audrey said...

my niece got a BRATZ banana seat like 2 years ago, it's AWESOME!! Love the barbie pool, but I'm wondering about the bedspread... it is pretty sweet! and I think it would make a really cute dress for Hailey. did your mom keep that too? being serious!

Daisie said...

I remember being so jealous of my friends that had that awesome barbie pool!! I love that your Mom has saved all that fun stuff!!

jennie said...

I had a bike just like that,complete with flowers, but my BIKE was orange. It was fantastic. Grandma

Jennie said...

Hey, I remember playing those toys with you! Fun!