I need advice from my blogging readers. Hailey has started waking up 1-2 times a night wanting "more milk". We give her a sippy cup full of milk when we put her to bed and maybe 1 more before she falls asleep. When she wakes up in the middle of the night she is pretty wet so I always change her.
It is just frustrating because she has slept through the night since she was about 3 months old and has been a champion sleeper. I don't know if she is just going through a growth spurt and needs more milk, or is just really thirsty. I wanted to start potty training her (again), but with her wanting this much to drink at night, there is no way without using diapers/pullups while she is sleeping.
Advice please!!


6 comments:
I just had to get mean with Maggie cause she kept wetting through her diaper every night! I just told her she could have drinks before bed but no more sippys in her bed. She threw a fit the first night but got used to it. Now she drinks some water after she brushes her teeth and then doesn't ask again.
I think that maybe Hailey was thirsty the first time or so, but it probably turned into more of a habit. See what she does if you tell her "no" one night. If it was just a habit then she might cry that night, but she won't wake up after that. (At least that's what happened with Emmi). Good luck!
i also had to get 'mean' and tell kadin the kitchen was closed. he could have one drink before "bedtime potty" and none after that.
Want a grandma's view? I'd give her water, not milk. If she is thirsty she needs it,but if she just loves her milk(as I suspect),she needs to learn to do without. Potty training at night comes last, after daytime, so you don't need to worry about that yet. But what do old ladies know anyway...Grandma Jen Jen
Sorry you are having to deal with this Holli!! I am agreeing with the prior comments as well! And yes, I cannot imagine trying to potty train with this going on!! Good Luck!!!!
I have no idea, but let me know what works so that when I get to this point I can try it! but I do agree with the grandma, milk isn't really that good for thier teeth anyway, but water will quench the "thirst"
Post a Comment