When I picked Hailey up from my mom's this morning after the gym, Hailey was noticeably more agitated and uncomfortable than usual. I felt around in her mouth, and I thought I felt a little smidgen of a toothie coming in. I chalked it up to that (temp 99 degrees). Daisie and I had planned a little swim play date for later in the afternoon in our backyard with the girlies, so I took Hailey home to have a nap to hopefully sleep some of her yuckiness off.
She woke up seeming to feel better, but during the swim party, she went downhill fast. Billy came home from work and calmed her for a little bit, and I finally got her to go to sleep. She woke up a while later and was miserable still (temp 102.7 degrees). We called Dr. Fernd and asked her what her opinion was, and she recommended taking her to InstaCare to be safe.
We got there, they took temp (104.1 degrees) and recommended we take her right to PCMC. Billy rushed us up there, and they proceeded to: give her a large dose of Motrin, take urine sample via catheter, take blood-work, take chest X-Ray, insert IV for fluids, give bag of fluids for 2+ hours.
Prognosis: Some virus. Blood work fine. Urine sample fine. Chest X-Ray fine. Temp back to normal. Two worried SICK parents. But such is life, right?
Needless to say, it was a VERY long day. Plus, some disoriented bird ran into our front window and I had to clean up the aftermath. At least I know I am visiting beautician Steph tomorrow for some hair therapy!


6 comments:
I'm glad she's okay. Sometimes parents are worse of then the kids when they're sick! Hope today is better:)
Oh, I am SO, SO, SO Sorry that happened to her (And you guys) That would be so scary. I am glad she is feeling better now. If there's anything we can do to help, give me a call.
It will be better! New haircut, and BUNCO!
Holli, I'm so sorry to hear that about little Hailey, that would have been so scary. I'm glad she's better! But for the record, you looked great in your gym shorts.
Oh man!! Holly what a day. Seriously. I am so glad that Hailey is feeling better.
Oh, man! That does sound like a bad day! Those viruses can be nasty. I hope she's doing better now.
Post a Comment