Saturday, September 19, 2009

Butter Sculptures, Carnies, and Cows, Oh My!

Billy and I both agreed that the fair experience would be more enjoyable if he didn't go this year... just kidding (sort of). He had a work party to go to, so I enlisted Catherine and T.J. to go with me to the hood to see the fair. We (at least I) had a great time!

First stop... butter sculpture! This is honestly the only thing I really come to the fair for... well, maybe also to see the carnies. At this point I was wishing Billy were here, because I would have paid him a crisp dollar bill if he would have snuck in there and licked it...

Next stop, well technically after we checked out the hottubs, we hit up the pony rides for Hailey. I am beginning to think Hailey was born to ride horses! She is a natural!

Not a huge fan of the goats, but who is??

The cows on the other hand, were a big hit! She was skipping and saying "mooooo, moooo" while we walked by all the cows.

This is THE BIGGEST bull (?) I have ever seen. Yes, I know... I obviously don't live on a farm, because I am not 100% sure if this a a bull or a cow. I am assuming a bull because of the horns and the... you know...

Speaking of big... this was one BIG bunny!! I was tempted to buy Hailey one, but I figured Sniffy would have probably had it for dinner.

My camera died right after the bunny exhibit, so I didn't get pictures of the "world's smallest horse" (which I totally wasted T.J.'s $1 on...), or the duck pond where Hailey won a stuffed duck. I did purchase Hailey a cowboy hat though! She has been saying FOREVER that she wants a "pink cowboy hat, and pink boots", so I picked her out a pink cowboy hat. She all of a sudden decided purple was more her color and opted for the purple cowboy hat. Our little cowgirl... now she just needs a horse!!

5 comments:

Chareth Cutestory, Maritime Lawyer said...

How fun! Next year we should take the kids together. Maybe Hailey will convince Max to ride one of those horses. LOVE the purple hat. The girl's got style!

Daisie said...

What a cute little cowgirl! That is so cute! I was showing the girls the pic of Hailey on the horse, hoping when they get the chance they will remember and not freak out! Glad you had a fun time!! P.S. Hailey's hair do is adorable! You will need to give me a lesson when we're together next!! Miss You!

The Willeyes said...

What a cute hat...every little girl should have a cowboy...er i mean cowgirl hat :)

EmmaP said...

how fun! she looks so happy on the pony too!

Liz said...

great pictures holli. hailey is a natural cowgirl-i still can't get ethan to ride those tiny ponies!