Last night I slept on the floor. All 7 months pregnant me. I have come to the conclusion that pregnant women should NEVER have to sleep on the floor. But just so you know, it was my decision to sleep on the floor because Hailey had a visit from the sickies. Even with all the blankets and pillows I could scrounge up, it was probably my most uncomfortable night's sleep ever. Anyways, I was remembering the good ol' days when we went up to Monte Cristo for girl's camp. Our ward always got a certain campsite which included the infamous "ledge" where most of the girl's would sleep. On the hard ground. In the cold. With bears and spiders and Herman roaming about. But it didn't bother us. But then again, I was a teenager and much more durable. So today, I had to post some pictures of the "ledge".
In these first 2 pictures I was probably a Miamaid (14/15 years old). You don't get a great look at the ledge, but I was picturing something HUGE when I first went there when I was a Beehive. If you were sitting on the ledge, it was like you were sitting in a chair. If you fell off the ledge while you were sleeping, you probably wouldn't even wake up. Not huge.


This next picture is from my first year at camp. I have some pretty awesome pictures from that year.

Including this one. I decided that since I wasn't in any of the pictures on the ledge, I would post a picture of me as a Beehive. With my sweet haircut and glasses. Holding a rooster. Oh, those were the days...

I have learned my lesson. No more sleeping on the floor for me!
3 comments:
What a sweet mother you are! That sounds very uncomfortable! Hope Hailey is feeling better now! I adore your picture from camp! What a fun time!!
The ledge was the best! Some of my best memories are from girls camp :) We had such an awesome ward and stake.
wow... poor thing. Hope she gets better soon... missed you guys today :(
Post a Comment