Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

I *LOVE* Valentines Day! I have always loved it! Now that we have kids, I wanted to start a few Valentines traditions with them. I saw a cute idea to make Valentine sacks before Valentines Day so leading up to the holiday we could write love notes to each other. Billy rolled his eyes at the idea, but I think Hailey got excited about it (Billy did participate. He made Will's cute bag, and he even wrote some darling love notes!).

Billy and I also have had the tradition of getting a heart shaped pizza every Valentines Day. I actually think we have been doing that since we have been married! We both aren't fans of how crowded restaurants are on Valentines Day, so this is a great alternative.

Other than traditions, we got to make Hailey some Valentines to take to school with her. I think they turned out pretty cute!

And we can't forget about this little Valentine. LOVE him!!


Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Cat said...

I love my little Hoeksel valentines!

Bates Family said...

Oh my what sweeties, I miss ya tons, hope all is well. every holiday is getting better & better & the kids make it happen...

bye loves,
Heidi

EmmaP said...

ok -- the love note sacks?!?!?! LOVE IT!!!!

I am definitely gonna do that next year! And those valentines? i never woulda thought of a personalized one! I am so glad Kienna will be in 6th grade next year. One more year of making valentines!!!

Daisie said...

How fun Holli! Love your traditions! And we adored Hailey's little valentines! Glad you guys had a fun day!! Love you!!